A Revelation on Fasting …
© Jennifer Lynn Joy 2013
Scripture References: 2 Chronicles 8:3; Judges 20:26; Esther 4:16; Isaiah 58; Jeremiah 36:9; Joel 1:14; Zechariah 8:19; Matthew 9:14-15; Luke 4.
Over the seasons the Holy Spirit has placed me on a variety of fasts for YESHUA’s eternal glory. The following is a brief introduction to the topic and revelation of Fasting.
May the Holy Spirit increase revelation and discernment to you, as you faithfully continue to seek the face, will, purpose and will of GOD. My perspective is not from one who thinks from the lens of right and/or wrong, or good and/or bad. My thoughts are more along the lines of how much more there is to learn and do my thoughts produce eternal fruit. I pray that my thoughts reflect HIS thoughts.
· The LORD asked me to fast caffeine which gives a false sense of energy in exchange for HIS cosmic energy (Deuteronomy 8:18; Job 36:22; Jeremiah 32:17; Daniel 2:23; Matthew 22:29; Acts 10:38; Romans 15:13; Revelation 4:11).
· The LORD asked me to fast gluten (wheat products) – the earth’s form of daily bread in exchange for HIS life sustaining daily bread (Exodus 16:31; Psalm 78:24; Matthew 6:9-18; Hebrews 9:3-5; Revelation 2:17).
· The LORD asked me to fast refined bleached sugar which provides a counterfeit sweetness in exchange for the pure sweet presence of HIS Glory (Exodus 15:25; Leviticus 16:12, 20:24; Deuteronomy 8:7-10; Judges 14:14; 2 Chronicles 2:14; Nehemiah 8:10; Psalm 119:103; Ezekiel 3:1).
· The LORD asked me to fast dairy products – the earth’s form of milk which symbolizes nurturing and nutrition (building strong bones) in exchange for HIS holy and righteous nurturing and healing (Exodus 3:17; Deuteronomy 26:15; Jeremiah 30:17; Matthew 8:7).
· The LORD asked me to fast secular reading for a number of years in exchange for HIS life giving written and Rhema WORD (Genesis 15:1; Proverbs 3:5; John 1:1-5; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:22-23).
· The LORD asked me to fast TV which has attributes of an impure carnal communication system in exchange for eternally divine revelations and supernatural translations (Ezekiel; Daniel; Hosea 12:10; Joel 2:28 ).
· The LORD asked me to fast secular music which is a temporary chaotic sound in exchange for HIS the pure, holy and divine harmonic sounds resonating from heaven’s gates eternal (Psalms; Revelation 5).
· The LORD asked me to fast chlorinated/city water in exchange for pure Natural Springs water which is symbolic of HIS Living Water (Numbers 21:17; Jeremiah 17:13; John 4:6-11, 7:38).
In the beginning, when HE asked me to fast, I did not know or understand the outcome. I could not see from HIS perspective. Now many seasons later, I can see more clearly HIS wisdom and knowledge. Now, I am much more acutely aware of the depth of HIS love for me in a greater measure. The focus of fasting is not what a person is giving up, the focus is on what the Holy Spirit is giving and imparting to the person. As with all things, this writing, like I am is a Work in Progress and I anticipate more revelation and understanding to be imparted as time moves forward.
©JENNIFER LYNN EASTON JOY