THE SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE OF ADONAI
© Jennifer Lynn Joy, Minister
Symbols are like parables speaking a silent language that will hopefully enhance the understanding of a given message. Early in the ministry, the Holy Spirit directed me to a thrift store to find treasures for Glory Rings. My nose wrinkled at the stale musty smell of the store. As I was glancing through the scarves, I wondered why God wanted scarves from a thrift store instead of an upscale store. Yet, I heard clearly, “Jennie, I am bringing in the discarded, the unwanted, the neglected, the torn, the
stained, the wrinkled, the unwashed, the abandoned, the outcasts, and the disheveled…I AM bringing them back into my fold.” Looking like one of the scarves, a bit torn and tattered in spirit, I immediately repented for my attitude. Now, I see each scarf very differently. Gratefully, the Holy Spirit continues to teach me to view the inhabitants of the earth from a more sacred and holy perspective.
The prophetic ministry in the Old Testament was one of parables with undisclosed or hidden messages (Ezek. 20:29; Hos. 12:10) as well as the ministry of Jesus Christ as expressed in the Gospels (Matt. 13:3; Mark 4:10). The key with any language of God is for the Holy Spirit to be the translator, the indicator and the inspiration. The following list provides a detailed list of the meanings of symbols as relates to the making of Sacred Worship Instruments, particularly Glory Rings.
THE SYMBOLS OF GOD
1. Bell(s): Consecration, Entering into the Holy of Holies, Liberty, Freedom, Deliverance, Joy, Celebration (Exod. 39:24-26; Zech. 14:20).
2. Cord(s)/Cording: Priesthood, Suffering, Sacrifice, Cleansing and Atonement. On the Levitical Priest’s garments, the most common color of cording was blue (Exod. 28:28, 39:21; John 2:15).
3. Diamond(s): Eternal relationship, Sacred, Brilliance, Reflection, Multifaceted, Tried by Fire, Cutting Edge (Exod. 28:18; Isa. 28:5).
4. Drum(s): Warfare and Victory, Clarion Call of God (Exod. 32:17; 1 Chron. 29:11; Ps. 20:5; 1 Cor. 1:2; Phil. 3:14).
5. Feather(s): The Breath of God, the Life of God breathed into creation. Peacock Feather --Eye of God, Beauty, Creation, Soaring (Ps. 150:6; John 20:22-23).
6. Grape(s):Vine, Vineyard, New Wine, Harvest, Fruitfulness, Grafted, Vigilance, Seasons, Promise, Perseverance, Diligence, Celebration (Gen. 8:22; Exod. 23:16; Isa. 27:2-3, 32:16-18,37:30; 55:10-11, 62:8-9; Song of Songs 2:10-13, 7:11-12; Hab. 3:17-18; Matt. 7:16; John 15; Rom. 11:17-18; Heb. 12:11; Gal 5:19-23).
7. Heart: Heart of God, Love of God, Purity, Pure and Wholesome Thoughts, Compassion of God (1 Sam. 16:7).
8. Key(s): Power, Authority; Full, Complete authority of Jesus Christ’s Apostles; Keys to Opening and Closing Doors, Gates, Prisons; Present Authority of Jesus Christ; Prophetic Authority of Jesus Christ (Matt. 16:19; Rev. 1:18, 3:7).
9. Lace: The Marriage Feast, Beauty, Harmony, Unity, Love (Song of Songs, Rev. 19:9).
10. Lamp Stand (Menorah): Jesus Christ our Light, Government of Yeshua, Land of Israel (Exod. 25:31-40; John 1:49, 8:12, 9:5).
11. Lighthouse: Light of Jesus Christ dispelling darkness, Evangelism, Salvation (John 1:5; 2 Cor. 4:6).
12. Line(s): God’s Providence and Judgments (Ps. 16:6; Isa. 28:17).
13. Mother of Pearl: Spiritual Truths, Sacrifice, Kingdom, and Eternity (Esth. 1:6; Rev. 21:21).
14. Pomegranate: Sign of Fruitfulness, Abundant Harvest, Seedtime; Love, Priesthood, Bride and Groom (Gen. 8:22; Exod. 28:34, 39.26; Song Sol. 4:3, 6:6; Hag. 2:19).
15. Rainbow or Crystal Prism(s): Covenant Promise, Full Circle, Spectrum, Healing, Faithfulness of ELOHIM, Refracted Light (Gen. 9:12-17; Ps. 25:14).
16. Ring(s): Authority and Eternal Relationship, Completed Work (Gen. 41:42; Exod. 35:22; Esth. 3:12).
17. Rose of Sharon (Lilies): A Beautiful Flower, Blossom in the Desert, Fragrance of the Bridegroom (Song Sol. 2:1-7; Isa. 35:1).
18. Star/Morning Star/Star of David: Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:19-21; Rev. 22:16).
19. Scarf/Scarves: A fabric symbolic of the Sound of God’s whisper as they “whisper” through the air (Ps. 147:2, 149:3, 150:4).
20. Sequin(s): Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept, Divinely Ordered Steps, Protected Journey (2 Sam. 22:37; Ps. 37:23; 1 Pet. 2:21).
21. Sword(s)/Arrow(s):Being on Target, Being Prepared, Walking in Authority, Worship Warfare (Ps. 144:6; Heb. 4:12; Rev. 2:16).
22. Tassel(s): Priest’s Garments as a reminder of a Separated walk, Graduation from and to, and Healing (Num. 15:38-39; Deut. 22:12; Matt. 9:20).
23. Tinsel/Fringe: Symbolic of the sound of God’s Rain, Reign, and Reins when they “whoosh and rain” through the air (1 Sam. 12:14; 1 Chron. 16:31; Ps. 47:8, 93:1, 96:10).
24. Tree(s) and/or Palm Tree (Branches):Righteousness, Beauty, Songs, Refreshing, Oasis, Healing Waters, Worship, Honor, Life, Root, Pillar of Strength, Vine, Fruit, Seasons, Timing, Position, Restoration, Gifts, Wealth, Prosperity and Victory. Sycomore (1 Kings 10:27); Fig (Judg. 9:10); Olive (Deut. 6:11); Cedar (1 Kings 5:10); Mulberry (2 Sam. 5:24); Palm (Exod. 15:27; Ps. 92:12; Song Sol. 7:7; John 12:13); Aloe (Num. 24:6); Fir (1 Kings 9:11); Algum (2 Chron. 9:10); Shady – Lotus (Job 40:22); Fruit (Ps. 148:9); Almond (Eccles. 12:5); Myrtle (Zech. 1:8); Myrrh (Song of Songs 4:14); Frankincense (Song of Songs 4:14); Oak (Isa. 40:4); Ash (Isa. 40:4); Cypress (Isa. 40:4); Righteousness (Isa. 61:3); Chestnut (Ezek. 31:8); Pomegranate (Joel 1:12); Apple (Joel 1:12).