THE SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE OF ABBA ADONAI
© Jennifer Lynn Joy
Symbols are like parables speaking a silent language that will hopefully enhance the understanding of a given message. Early in the ministry, the Holy Spirit directed me to a thrift store to find treasures for Glory Rings. My nose wrinkled at the stale musty smell of the store. As I was glancing through the scarves, I wondered why God wanted scarves from a thrift store instead of an upscale store. Yet, I heard clearly, “Jennie, I am bringing in the discarded, the unwanted, the neglected, the torn, the stained, the wrinkled, the unwashed, the abandoned, the outcasts, and the disheveled…I AM bringing them back into my fold.” Looking like one of the scarves, a bit torn and tattered in spirit, I immediately repented for my attitude. Now, I see each scarf very differently. Gratefully, the Holy Spirit continues to teach me to view the inhabitants of the earth from a more sacred and holy perspective.
The prophetic ministry in the Old Testament was one of parables with undisclosed or hidden messages (Ezekiel 20:29; Hosea 12:10) as well as the ministry of Jesus Christ as expressed in the Gospels (Matthew 13:3; Mark 4:10). The key with any language of God is for the Holy Spirit to be the translator, the indicator and the inspiration. The following list provides a detailed list of the meanings of symbols as relates to the making of Sacred Worship Instruments, particularly Glory Rings.
THE SYMBOLS OF GOD
1. Bell (s): Consecration, Priesthood (Levitical and Melchezidek), Entering into the Holy of Holies, Liberty, Freedom, Deliverance, Joy, Ordained, Set Apart, Celebration (Exodus 39:24-26; Zechariah 14:20).
2. Cord (s)/Cording: Priesthood (Levitical and Melchezidek), Suffering, Sacrifice, Cleansing and Atonement. On the Priest’s garments, the most common color of cording was blue (Exodus 28:28, 39:21; John 2:15, Hebrews 5, 6, 7).
3. Diamond (s): Eternal relationship, Sacred, Brilliance, Reflection, Multifaceted, Tried by Fire, Cutting Edge (Exodus 28:18; Isaiah 28:5).
4. Drum (s): Warfare and Victory, Clarion Call of God (Exodus 32:17; 1 Chronicles 29:11; Psalm 20:5; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Philippians 3:14).
5. Feather (s): The Breath of God, the Life of God breathed into creation. Peacock Feather --Eye of God, Beauty, Creation, Soaring (Psalm 150:6; John 20:22-23).
6. Grape (s):Vine, Vineyard, New Wine, Harvest, Fruitfulness, Grafted, Vigilance, Seasons, Promise, Perseverance, Diligence, Celebration (Genesis 8:22; Exodus 23:16; Isaiah 27:2-3, 32:16-18,37:30; 55:10-11, 62:8-9; Song of Songs 2:10-13, 7:11-12; Habakkuk 3:17-18; Matthew 7:16; John 15; Romans 11:17-18; Hebrews 12:11; Galatians 5:19-23).
7. Heart: Heart of God, Love of God, Purity, Pure and Wholesome Thoughts, Compassion of God (1 Samuel 16:7).
8. Key (s): Power, Authority; Full, Complete authority of Jesus Christ’s Apostles; Keys to Opening and Closing Doors, Gates, Prisons; Present Authority of Jesus Christ; Prophetic Authority of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 22:22; Matthew 16:19; Revelation 1:18, 3:7).
9. Lace: The Marriage Feast, Beauty, Harmony, Unity, Love (Song of Songs, Revelation 19:9).
10. Lamp Stand (Mennorah): Jesus Christ our Light, Government of Yeshua, Land of Israel (Exodus 25:31-40; John 1:49, 8:12, 9:5).
11. Lighthouse: Light of Jesus Christ dispelling darkness, Evangelism, Salvation (John 1:5; 2 Corinthians 4:6).
12. Line (s): God’s Providence and Judgments (Psalm 16:6; Isaiah 28:17).
13. Mother of Pearl: Spiritual Truths, Sacrifice, Kingdom, and Eternity (Esther 1:6; Revelation 21:21).
14. Pomegranate: Sign of Fruitfulness, Abundant Harvest, Seed time; Love, Priesthood, Bride and Groom (Genesis 8:22; Exodus 28:34, 39.26; Song of Solomon 4:3, 6:6; Haggai 2:19).
15. Rainbow or Crystal Prism (s): Covenant Promise, Full Circle, Spectrum, Healing, Faithfulness of ELOHIM, Refracted Light (Genesis 9:12-17; Psalm 25:14).
16. Ring (s): Authority and Eternal Relationship, Completed Work (Genesis 41:42; Exodus 35:22; Esther 3:12).
17. Rose of Sharon (Lilies): A Beautiful Flower, Blossom in the Desert, Fragrance of the Bridegroom (Song of Solomon 2:1-7; Isaiah 35:1).
18. Star/Morning Star/Star of David: Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:19-21; Revelation 22:16).
19. Scarf/Scarves: A fabric symbolic of the Sound of God’s whisper as they “whisper” through the air (Psalm 147:2, 149:3, 150:4).
20. Sequin (s): Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept, Divinely Ordered Steps, Protected Journey (2 Samuel 22:37; Psalm 37:23; 1 Peter 2:21).
21. Sword (s)/Arrow (s):Being on Target, Being Prepared, Walking in Authority, Worship Warfare (Psalm 144:6; Hebrews 4:12; Revelation 2:16).
22. Tassel (s): Priest’s Garments as a reminder of a Separated walk, Graduation from and to, and Healing (Numbers 15:38-39; Deuteronomy. 22:12; Matthew 9:20).
23. Tinsel/Fringe: Symbolic of the sound of God’s Rain, Reign, and Reins when they “whoosh and rain” through the air (1 Samuel 12:14; 1 Chronicles 16:31; Psalms 47:8, 93:1, 96:10).
24. Tree (s) and/or Palm Tree (Branches): Righteousness, Beauty, Songs, Refreshing, Oasis, Healing Waters, Worship, Honor, Life, Root, Pillar of Strength, Vine, Fruit, Seasons, Timing, Position, Restoration, Gifts, Wealth, Prosperity and Victory.
1. Sycamore (1 Kings 10:27)
2. Fig (Judges 9:10)
3. Olive (Deuteronomy 6:11)
4. Cedar (1 Kings 5:10)
5. Mulberry (2 Samuel 5:24)
6. Palm (Exodus 15:27; Psalm 92:12; Song of Solomon 7:7; John 12:13)
7. Aloe (Num. 24:6)
8. Fir (1 Kings 9:11)
9. Algum (2 Chronicles 9:10)
10. Shady – Lotus (Job 40:22)
11. Fruit (Psalm 148:9)
12. Almond (Ecclesiastes 12:5)
13. Myrtle (Zechariah 1:8)
14. Myrrh (Song of Songs 4:14)
15. Frankincense (Song of Songs 4:14)
16. Oak (Isaiah 40:4)
17. Ash (Isaiah 40:4)
18. Cypress (Isaiah 40:4)
19. Righteousness (Isaiah 61:3)
20. Chestnut (Ezekiel 31:8)
21. Pomegranate (Joel 1:12)
22. Apple (Joel 1:12)
©JENNIFER LYNN EASTON JOY