Color is caused by vibrations of light, similarly as sound is caused by vibrations of air. There is a unique relationship between the two causing a specific color to corresponds to a particular note in music. The subject is too abstruse to enlarge further upon here. This brief introduction, which is certainly not exhaustive of the meaning of colors through Scripture, is simply an enhancement, adornment of their innate vibrations. All colors are dependent upon light. My hope is for you to be encouraged to research the subject further.
Every day we wear colors resonating frequencies even when we are not cognizant of their language. When we worship with flags or other worship instruments, the colors resonate frequencies. Even though, as human beings, we may see the some of the range of the colors, we cannot physically hear the sound of color frequencies. All truly genuine and authentic worship frequencies are received in heaven.
Definition of Light: 1. Something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light. In other words: No Light No Color. Without Light – the Light of YESHUA, there is no color, in essence there would be no variation in the color of our skin. Humans did not decide to color their skin, God did. And I wonder about the people who decide GOD made a mistake by giving one person a different skin color than another. I wonder if it is wisdom to criticize or condemn GOD’s decisions. 2. Also called luminous energy, radiant energy, electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nanometer and propagated at a speed of 186,282 miles per second. Considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon. 3. A similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
A sample of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 1:3; Leviticus 24:2; Nehemiah 9:12; Luke 8:17; John 3:20, 8:12; Revelation 22:5. There are 226 Scriptures in the Bible with the word: Light.
1. Amber Light: This color symbolizes the Fire of God and the Presence of God in addition to Harvest, Glory, Glory Cloud of Fire, The Brightness of HIS Presence, YESHUA as the Glory of God. The fire of GOD is often recognized as an opportunity for YAHWEH to test the faith of HIS people and HIS faithfulness to walk with us through the fire storms of our lives. The color is best known through fossilized tree resin, not sap, where 90% of the world’s resources are found in Russia. Other colors of Amber Resin are pale lemon yellow, cherry, green, blue and brown. It is used to make jewelry and perfume. A sampling of Biblical Scriptures: Ezekiel 1:4, 27-28, 8:2, 24:7; Psalm 29:7; Isaiah 4:5; John 4:35; 2 Corinthians 4:6; Hebrews 12:29; Revelation 14:15, 21:23.
2. Beryl Light: A usually green or bluish green hexagonal mineral occurring as transparent to translucent prisms in igneous and metamorphic rocks. The most prevalent varieties are emeralds and aquamarines. Other varieties include white, sea-green, light-green, blue-green, yellow or pink. Aquamarine may be found in Brazil, Madagascar, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique and Nigeria. Biblically, these gems are noted in Exodus 28:20 as the 10th Stone on the Priest’s Ephod, in Ezekiel 1:16, 10:9, and 28:13 they are described in Ezekiel’s Wheels, Daniel 10:6 lists this stone in Daniel’s Vision and in Revelation 21:20 as the 8th foundation stone in the wall of New Jerusalem.
3. Blue Light: The hue of that portion of the visible spectrum between green and indigo with wavelengths between 420 – 490. Azure, cerulean, and sky-blue sapphire gemstones. Spiritually the color is symbolic of Heaven, Spiritual Authority, Revelation of the Holy Spirit, Integrity, Set apart for God’s purposes, Justice, Heavenly Character, Wealth, Holy Covering, Loyalty, Divinity, Revelation Knowledge, Grace, Mercy, Royalty, Priesthood. Blue is the fifth Stone on the Priest’s Ephod: Sapphire which symbolizes the Tribe of Simeon. The word Simeon means 'to hear God'. Blue is also symbolic of the 2nd Gate. A sampling of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 1; Exodus 22, 28:3, 39:8; Numbers 4:6, 15:37-41; 2 Chronicles 3:14; Esther 8:15; Isaiah 8:7; Jeremiah 46:7-8; Revelation 21, 22.
4. Burgundy Light: Spiritual metaphor: New Wine and may symbolize either red or white wines. A grayish red-brown to dark blackish-purple color. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Joel 2:19; Luke 5:38; John 14.
5. Bronze or Brass Light: Bronze: Any of various alloys consisting essentially of copper and tin, the tin content not exceedingly 11 percent. A metallic brownish color. Brass: Any of various metal alloys consisting mainly of copper and zinc. A metallic yellow; lemon, amber, or reddish yellow color. Spiritual application: The Feet of YESHUA and HIS Perfect Judgment. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Numbers 21:5-10 and Revelation 1:15.
6. Gold Light: A precious yellow metallic element, highly malleable and ductile, and not subject to oxidation or corrosion. Symbol: Au; atomic weight: 196.967; atomic number: 79; specific gravity: 19.3 at 20 degrees Celsius. A monetary standard. Symbolic of money, wealth, riches. Something likened to this metal in brightness, preciousness, superiority – as example: a heart of gold. A bright, metallic yellow color, sometimes tending toward brown. Spiritual metaphors: Divine Nature of YESHUA, Glory, Sacred to God, Faith of the Saints, Refining Process, Rare, Arrival, Passing the Test, Incorruptible, Pure, Authority, Kingship, Royalty, Richness, Excellence, Healing, and Compassion. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Malachi 3:3; Zechariah 13:9; Matthew 2:11; Acts 3:6; Hebrews 11.
7. Green Light: A color intermediate in the spectrum between yellow and blue, an effect of light with a wavelength between 500 and 570 nanometers; found in the nature as the color of most grasses and leaves while growing, of some fruits while ripening, and of the sea. Spiritual metaphors: Spiritual and Earthly Prosperity, Full of Life, Wholeness, Completeness, Refreshing, Growth, Life, New Life, Tree of Life, Rest, Fruitful, Maturity, Hope, Joy, Bright Promises, Overcoming, Evergreen, Springtime, New Beginnings, Glory of God and Glory of Saints. Tribe of Reuben, Fourth Stone on Breastplate: Emerald Green, 1st Gate. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 1:30; Psalms 23:2, 52:8, 92:12-15; Jeremiah 17:7-8; Song of Songs 2:1; Isaiah 15:6; Ezekiel 17:24; Mark 8:24; 1 Peter 1:24; Acts 5:30; Revelation 4, 21, 22.
8. Iridescence Light: A play of lustrous, changing colors. Spiritual metaphors: Glory of God’s Presence, the Glory Realm. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 1; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; Revelation 21, 22.
9. Ivory/Tan/Cream Light: Transition from the nature of our flesh in the earth’s realm to the Spiritual Realm of God. Spiritual metaphors: Throne of God, Eternal Beauty, Costly, Adornment, A Shift of Perspective. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Ezekiel 11:19; 2 Corinthians 5:16-19; Revelation 21, 22.
10. Lavender Light: A pale bluish purple. Spiritual meaning: Generosity, Giving, Kindness, Peace, Rest, Gentleness, Healing, Sweetness, Overflowing, Extravagant, Abundance, Cleansing Spiritually, The Waters of Baptism; Fragrant Oil. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Exodus 30:18; John 10:10; 1 Timothy 6:17; 1 John 1:17.
11. Orange Light: A color between yellow and red in the spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 590 and 610 nanometers; reddish yellow. A globose, reddish-yellow, bitter or sweet, edible citrus fruit. Spiritual metaphors: Apostolic, Perseverance, Forceful Power, Strong Anointing, Consuming Fire of God, God’s protection, Persecution, Love, Purification, God’s Vengeance, Angels, Double Portion of Yellow and Red. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 19:24; Daniel 3; Hebrews 1:7; Revelation 19:12.
12. Peach/Apricot Light: Peach: The subacid, juicy, drupaceous fruit of a tree, Prunus persica, of the rose family. A light pinkish yellow, as of a peach. Apricot: The downy, yellow, sometimes rosy fruit, somewhat resembling a small peach, of the tree Prunus armeniaca. A pinkish yellow or yellowish pink. Spiritual metaphors: Fruit of the Spirit, Giving, Multiplying, Yielding Harvest, Times and Seasons. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 1; Leviticus 19:10; Galatians 5:21-23.
13. Pink Light: A color varying from light crimson to pale reddish purple. The highest form or degree; prime. Spiritual applications: Highest or Finest, Healthy, Healing, Fit, Spiritual Intimacy, To Adorn, To Embellish, Radical, Reconciliation, Restoration, Rose of Sharon, True Passion for YESHUA, Sacred Holy Worship. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Song of Songs 2:1 and Revelation 12:1.
14. Purple/Violet Light: Purple: Any color having components of both red and blue, such as lavender, especially one deep in tone. Cloth or clothing of this hue, especially formerly worn distinctively by persons of imperial, royal or other high rank. Deed red; crimson. Violet: Reddish-blue, a color at the opposite end of the visible spectrum from red, an effect of light with a wavelength between 400 and 450 nanometers. Spiritual metaphors: Favor, Royalty, Kingship of YESHUA, Valuable, Honor, Riches, Righteousness, To be Separated or Hidden, The Heavens, The Habitation of GOD, Sincerity, Passion for YESHUA, Royalty and Priesthood of YESHUA, Kingly, and Reigning. Tribe of Benjamin: Son of my Right Hand–Company of Sons. 9th Stone on the Breastplate: Amethyst, 12th Gate. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Exodus 39:8; Judges 8:26; 2 Samuel 7:2; 1 Chronicles 17:1; Esther 1:6; Psalm 104:2; Isaiah 40:60; Habakkuk 3:7; Matthew 27:37; John 19:2-3; Revelation 21.
15. Red/Scarlet/Crimson Light: Red: Any of various colors resembling the color of blood; the primary color at one extreme end of the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 610 and 780 nanometers. Crimson: a deep purplish-red. Scarlet: A bright-red color inclining toward orange. Spiritual metaphors and applications: Sufferings of YESHUA, Atonement, Pentecost, Divine Love, Shield, Sacrifice, Obedience, Consuming Fire, Courage, Boldness, Warfare/Military Might, Humility, Purification, Sacrifice, Death to Self, New Wine, Passover, Riches, Cleansing, Praise, Worship. 1st Stone on the Breastplate: Ruby, Tribe of Judah. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Genesis 9:4-5; Exodus 24:8; Joshua 2:21, 10:25; Nahum 2:3; Haggai 2:4; Zechariah 2:5; Mark 3:11; Luke 12:49; Philippians 2:8-11; 1 John 1:7; Revelation 1:5.
16. Silver Light: A white, ductile metallic element, used for making mirrors, coins, ornaments, table utensils, photographic chemicals, conductors, etc. A lustrous grayish white or whitish gray, or the color of the metal. Sounds: clear and soft. Symbol: Ag; atomic weight: 107.870; atomic number: 47; specific gravity: 10.5 at 20 degrees Celsius. A currency standard. Spiritual metaphors and applications: Favor, Royalty, Redemption, Refining Process, Salvation, Healing, the Levitical Priesthood. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Esther 1:6; Psalm 66:10; Isaiah 48:10; Zechariah 3:9; Acts 3:6; Ephesians 1:13-14.
17. Teal Light: A medium to dark greenish blue. Spiritual metaphors: Holy Spirit, FATHER GOD’s Love for the Followers of YESHUA, Unity, Threefold Anointing of Blue, Green, and Aqua. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Ecclesiastes 4:12; John 17.
18. Turquoise/Aqua Light: Aqua: A light greenish-blue color. Turquoise: An opaque mineral, a basic hydrous copper aluminum phosphate often containing a small amount of iron, sky-blue or greenish-blue in color, cut cabochon as a gem. Spiritual metaphors: Marriage of the Lamb, YESHUA's Love for HIS Own, Open Heaven, Life-Giving Flow of the Holy Spirit, Healing, Sanctification, River of God. A sample of Biblical scriptures: John 16; Revelation 22:17.
19. White Light: Of the color of pure snow, reflecting nearly all the rays of sunlight or a similar light. Noun: A color without the hue at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to black. A white surface reflects light of all hues completely and diffusely. Most so-called whites are very light grays: fresh snow, for example, reflects about 80 percent of the incident light, but to be strictly white, snow would have to reflect 100 percent of the incident light. Spiritual metaphors and applications: Favor, Loyalty, Wholesome, Purity, Light, Glory, Majesty, Wisdom, Joy, Angelic, Peace, Victory, Holiness, Surrender, Triumph, Righteousness, Unblemished, Heavenly, Harvest, Spotless, White Linen, Resurrection Power, Completed Work, Endures Crushing and Fire, Tribe of Gad, 6th Stone on Breastplate, 8th Gate. A sample of Biblical scriptures: Esther 1:6; Daniel 7:9; John 4:35; Revelation 1:14, 2:17, 6:2, 20:11, 21.
20. Yellow Light: Wavelength: 570-590 nanometers. Frequency: 535-505 THz. Yellow has Old English roots meaning both bright and gleaming. In China, the color yellow symbolizes happiness, glory, wisdom, harmony and culture. Additional symbolic words describing yellow light: Splendor, Reverence, Abundance, Riches, Victory, Deliverance, Joy, Salvation, Honor, Celebration, Shekinah Glory Revealed, Worship Dance, Fullness of YeHoVaH’s Glory, Double Portion, Double Blessing, Double Fruitful. It is the color of the Seventh Precious Stone on the Priest’s Breastplate: Ligure or Yellow Agate symbolic of the Tribe of Ephraim and the 11th foundation stone in the wall of New Jerusalem. A sample of Biblical Scripture references: Psalms 62:7, 68:13, 113:4, 138:5, 149, 150; Haggai 2:9; Zechariah 2:5.